Morning fine but cold wind. The captains called the camp together and
asked whether we shall wait here three days or a week for the twelve,
or shall we continue on to Winter Quarters. Thirty men voted to go on,
seventeen voted to wait and the remainder did not vote. The majority
having voted to go on, we started and traveled very slowly till about
five o'clock, then turned off to the river to camp, having traveled
sixteen miles. There are many new tracks of Indians on the sand bar,
but we have seen none today.