Monday, March 23

In council with Brigham, Heber, and others. We found that Miller's

company had gone still farther about eight miles instead of waiting

till we overtook them so that we could organize. I wrote a letter to

them saying if they did not wait or return to organize, the camp would

organize without and they be disfellowshiped. We concluded to stay at

this place a few days to buy corn to last to Grand river but we found

corn scarce and 26c a bushel, the farmers having advanced on account of

a disposition to speculate.

William Clayton's Journal A Daily Record of the Journey of the Original Company of "Mormon" Pioneers from Nauvoo, Illinois, to the Valley of the Great Salt Lake · 第 61 / 481 题